SOS Hermann Gmeiner International College is a dynamic co-educational boarding school located in Tema, Ghana, owned by the charitable organisation SOS Children’s Villages (SOS Kinderdorf). We offer quality education for students from SOS children’s villages across Africa as well as others from the host country, Ghana, and elsewhere, up to university entry level.
Suitably qualified applicants with a firm commitment to work with experienced faculty and a highly motivated student body are invited to apply for a full time position in FRENCH in the 2017/18 academic year, which starts in August 2017.
The school is committed to the introduction of the IB Middle Years Programme (MYP) to replace the IGCSE program, and familiarity/experience with the MYP as well as the IBDP (International Baccalaureate Diploma Program) would be an advantage.
The successful candidate will:
- Be a first class graduate in the subject area with teaching qualifications and extensive teaching experience
- Have strong communication and writing skills
- Have a passion and motivation for teaching and learning
- Be familiar with student-centred teaching methodology
- Be familiar with teaching students with varying backgrounds and proficiencies in English
- Able to show initiative, creativity and work cooperatively with colleagues to produce and generate appropriate teaching material
- Have good IT skills
- Have a positive work ethic and be able to engage students in a challenging and interesting manner
- Be prepared to take on pastoral roles and participate fully in all activities of the school including extracurricular activities.
Applications including a letter of introduction, CV including three references should be sent to: